Several weeks ago, I had the privilege of hosting the Chick-fil-A Leadercast Backstage program. I interviewed several notable authors as they came off the stage, including John Maxwell, Sir Ken Robinson, Dan Cathy, Suzy Welch, Frans Johansson, and several others. I thought I would share these with you over the next several weeks.
This one is with Seth Godin. He talked about several topics, including:
- Why things are the way they are
- The massive change we are witnessing in almost every field
- Why the “new normal” is the chance of a lifetime
- How people can approach change
- Why we experience stress
- Why he started The Domino Project and how it is disrupting the publishing industry
- The old model of publishing compared to the new
- What kind of push-back has he received from traditional publishers
- His advice he has for new authors (caution: this is radical)
- Why authors don’t need to wait to be picked
- The role of traditional publishers in the future
- His favorite book out of all the ones he has written (I hadn’t even heard of it!)
Seth was as delightful as always. I could have talked with him for hours.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we use and believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.