Top Influencers Share How to Stand Out and Be Heard
One of the things I love about what I do is having the opportunity to learn and then share what I’ve learned with you. I recently spoke with twenty hugely successful entrepreneurs and influencers about how they cut through the noise and get heard.
I’ve distilled what I learned down to eleven strategies, and I’m making them available here in a free new ebook called Maximize Your Message: How the Top Influencers in the World Get Heard and Make a Difference. If you’ve got something to say or sell, you’re going to love this.
The list of influencers include Jen Hatmaker, Dave Ramsey, Pat Flynn, Chris Brogan, and John Maxwell, along with fifteen others. They share their insights on tactical questions like building your email list and what social media tools to use, as well as more complicated questions about confidence and facing our fears.
“Your earnings are a byproduct of how well you serve your audience,” Pat Flynn told me. “Whenever I have a decision to make, I go back to that phrase and say, ‘Is this the best way I could serve my audience?’ If not, then I don’t do it.”
“Grit is the single biggest factor and predictor of success,” said Jon Gordon. “The ability to move forward and persevere, despite rejection, adversity, and challenges.”
And here’s Josh Axe on the trap of perfection: “I had to try and make it perfect,” he said about creating the ideal opt-in magnet. But he never shipped. “Finally, one day I went like, ‘You know what? This is halfway done, but we’re going to get it done this week.’ . . . People aren’t looking for perfection today, they’re looking for results.”
These are only a taste. Maximize Your Message will show you:
- Eleven practical strategies and how to apply them to your own blog or business.
- Why trying to grow your audience may be backfiring—and the surprising strategy you must use instead.
- The single biggest factor and predictor of success online. If you're discouraged with your efforts, don’t miss it.
- Why it’s never too early to start building your email list, and the one trick you need to do it well.
- The surprising importance emotional intelligence plays in getting ahead and how changing your mood can amp your results.
- One skill that outranks your skill as a writer when it comes to maximizing your message.
- Why Jon Gordon and Bob Goff actually give out their cell number to crowds, and how a small email list can be a big advantage at the start.
Plus loads more.
I’m convinced if you internalize these practices and make them your own, they will make a significant difference in your blog or business. These strategies will up your impact and expand your influence.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we use and believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.